Recovery from addiction doesn’t end once you complete a program at a rehab center. Because addiction is a chronic disease, individuals must learn to manage the condition over their life. Substance use disorder is full of complexity and challenges. There may be times that you feel invincible, and others, where you feel like all your efforts were for nothing. Aftercare programs help you navigate the highs and lows of recovery. Our programs at Compass Detox provide support as you work to deal with the challenges of maintaining a sober lifestyle.
What is Aftercare?
The term “aftercare” describes the period after you leave rehab and figure out your next steps. You plan out how you’re going to spend your days, resources to use when you find yourself struggling with temptation. Each person’s aftercare plan is different based on their specific needs, but all tend to have the following goals in common:
- Maintaining recovery from substance abuse.
- Keep you from relapsing.
- Find ways to fill your life with purpose and solid relationships.
People recovering from severe substance abuse often deal with changes to their brain that negatively affect how it functions. They can persist long after a person gets sober. Individuals may also be dealing with physical and psychological damage from years of drug or alcohol abuse. Many of them need ongoing treatment to deal with these issues to not backtrack on rehab progress.
What Are Different Types of Aftercare Programs?
Aftercare preparation typically starts with a client sitting down with their therapists and others who helped them during a rehab stay. An outside therapist or addiction specialist can also offer advice on coming up with a viable aftercare plan to maintain recovery.
Coming up with a strategy for addiction aftercare starts with focusing on your short and long-term needs. That can include finding employment, a safe place to stay, and continuing outpatient addiction treatment. You can modify elements of your aftercare plan as you progress in your recovery. Some aftercare program options available:
- Alumni Program — This connects clients with others who have completed addiction treatment programs. They can be a vital tool when it comes to relapse prevention in Florida and other areas. It’s a chance for clients to meet others who have gone through similar experiences and offer advice and encouragement during difficult times.
- Sober Living — Many people end up relapsing after leaving a rehab program because they are in an environment that exposes them to drugs and alcohol. Sober living homes give individuals a safe place to stay that bans substances that might trigger cravings and relapse. Clients work on transitioning back into regular life while continuing to focus on their recovery.
- Recovery Meetings — These group gatherings are where recovering addicts, friends, and family members can find support. It’s a chance to share experiences and learn from those of others. Individuals learn to take responsibility for their actions and ownership of their recovery journey.
- Ongoing Therapy — People in recovery often benefit from receiving ongoing therapy or counseling once they leave a treatment program. They continue the work started in rehab, where they delve into what triggers their substance abuse and learn effective techniques that help them resist relapsing. Many rehab programs help clients connect with resources for continuing therapy treatment.
Find the Right Aftercare Program at Compass Detox
Aftercare programs are great resources for clients who need relapse prevention in Florida after completing treatment. Compass Detox helps clients create addiction aftercare plans beneficial to their ongoing recovery efforts. Everything starts by going through one of our addiction treatment programs:
- Inpatient Detox Center
- Intensive Outpatient Program
- Partial Hospitalization Program
- Medical Detox Program
Get started on your recovery journey today by calling Compass Detox at [Direct], or contact us online.